Saturday, May 17, 2014

Elimination diet for the next month.

FIES- Food Protein-Induced Entercolitis Syndrome

I have diagnosed Wendy with that myself for her milk and soy allergies.

She also has a reaction to grapes and anything grape flavored.

She is going to have allergy testing done soon, but my concern right now is; why is she constantly having yeast infections?  My guess is that she has another FPIES allergy and I’m determined to figure out what it is before we go back to GI in June.

Once Wendy’s done with her antibiotics, she only has a few more days we will begin our version of an elimination diet. For 3 days she will be allowed nothing but formula and water. After that we will introduce simple foods like baby safe foods and rice cereal (I believe rice may be our culprit). By adding only one food every few days, I will be able to document if there were hives, vomiting, how her bowel movements were, etc. Once she eats something that her body doesn’t tolerate and she has a reaction or gets a yeast infection, I can write that down as a food to avoid.

We are also going to try goat milk to see if she has a problem with that.  I’m hoping that if goat milk isn’t a possibility, then maybe coconut milk. I’m a little afraid to try almond milk before she has her allergy testing done because she may be allergic to nuts.

I know that a normal doctor would just keep giving medication for the rashes and GI will just say to only give her formula through her tube, but I don’t want Wendy in pain from constant yeast infections and I don’t want her to not be able to have a cup of juice or a jar of baby food. So I am taking matters into my own hands and Dr. Mom is going to figure this out. I’m keeping a journal to show the doctors my progress.

Wish us luck. I know this is going to be difficult for Wendy and for myself. But we’ll get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment