Thursday, July 2, 2015

Monkey Say, Monkey Do

It has been a while since I sat down and wrote a detailed blog. It's late right now, so hopefully I can keep my thoughts in line. Most of you probably keep up with Wendy on facebook ( www.facebook.com/BabyWendysJourney ) which is where I post updates a few times a week, as well as adorable photos of her.

Wendy is growing (slowly) and learning (quickly). Preschool taught her so much and I am so thankful for Ms. Jodi, Jennifer, and Brenda. Wendy is signing MORE, which means easier communication and LESS tantrums from Wendy and tears of frustration from Bubby.

Oh, and Bubby is me, mom. Wendy can say pronounce a few single syllable sounds: ma, pa, ba, ha, etc. but she refuses to call me Mama, Mummy, Mom. When I point at myself and say "Wendy, who am I?", she plainly answers, "my bubby" every single time.  

Wendy's words are not forming yet, but her mind is steadily expanding. Monkey mimics us really well! We were riding the Ranger a few weeks ago (this is when I first noticed her truly trying to copy me) and I had my legs crossed and one arm folded. Sweet Wen kept looking over the side of her carseat to look at me and ended up crossing her leg and folding one arm just like me! Now she copies everything! Whether it's brushing teeth, bathing, going potty (which she will tee-tee in the potty now!), etc. she just loves mimicking us!

Monkey will be 45 months old this week and I am just bursting with pride. I know the general conception of special needs parents is that we're not as proud of our children because they're delayed and can't do as much as "normal" children, but that perception is totally untrue. At least in the case of Wendy, it is. My world revolves around my little munchkin and I am in awe of all the obstacles she's overcame and the miracles I've been witness to through her. One things for sure, Wendy's got an incredible life ahead of her and I am so thankful that I get to be a part of it.

PS---- I know I haven't been blogging near as much as I used to, but I will try to get back in the groove!   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment