Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Day Before

How do you prepare for your 12 month old baby to have surgery? How do you prepare yourself to walk out of the pre-op room, leaving your baby in the hands of strangers? How do you continue to tell yourself that everything will be fine?


I guess the reality is, you can't.


Wendy was taking a nap earlier and I woke her up just so I could hold her because I realized I may not be able to do that tomorrow. The sad reality of our situation is, no matter how much time is between now and the surgery, I can't truly prepare myself. Yes, my purple leopard print luggage is all packed. Yes, the alarms on my phone will go off at 2:00am so we can leave at 3:00. But I'm still not ready to do this. Problem is, I don't have much of a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment