Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Murphy’s Law

If anything can go wrong, it will.


That definitely applies to this past week. Not only have I been extremely busy, but it seems every bad thing that could possibly happen, has happened.


It started with a phone call last week saying they were rescheduling Wendy’s surgery to November 14. That in itself wouldn’t be such a big deal, but the fact that I’d already had the dog scheduled to be neutered, cancelled the “walking for Wendy” group at the March of Dimes walk on October 13, and since the surgery has already been put off from it’s original date of June 28, made it very frustrating. Then we went to Wendy’s cousin’s birthday party. And of course, as soon as we got there, her bag had to come off, which again, isn’t a huge deal, but that on top of the frustrating news, plus having to change her in the back of my mom’s Tahoe kind of put me in a sour mood. Oh and the day before that, all of our kitchen lights blew (they’re 6 big floodlights). So we bought more and Zed put 2 of them in, flipped the switch, and nothing. So now we have no kitchen lights and don’t know why. Next came the pageant. The first hiccup in that plan was when the director’s found out the original location was double booked so it moved the location from Commerce to Gainesville, which added another 45 minutes to our drive. Then came crowing, and it’s always disappointing when your child doesn’t win. I don’t care what anyone says, you never want to see your child in second place, especially when your child is already “differently abled” which makes my next point; maybe pageants aren’t for us. Wendy has also been sick, just a runny nose then a cough that I noticed this morning. It was really “wet” sounding, so I called the pediatrician and made and appointment. Dr. Martin says the mucous is probably running down her throat/airway since her nose is so small, so that’s where the congested sounding cough is coming from, however, her lungs sound great and there is no infection there. Dr. Martin says it’s because I’ve been keeping saline in her and sucking her out regularly that has kept her from getting worse. I’m glad she has confidence in me and my parenting skills because sometimes I feel I’m not good enough or doing enough for Wendy. Since I had to take Wendy today, I had to change my rheumatologist appointment to tomorrow. Finally, our air is not working. It stopped yesterday. The big fan on the top of the unit isn’t moving. The heating and air guy tried to cool the unit down with water and did a few other things, but it still wouldn’t start. He said the only thing we could do now is let it sit overnight and see if it starts on it’s on and if it doesn’t, we’ll need a new unit. All of this the week before Wendy’s birthday.


Murphy’s Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment