Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fifty Shades

I am going to be honest. The only problem I have with the book Fifty Shades of Grey is the fact that it’s a best seller because it’s poorly written. Otherwise, I see no issue with one reading it.


As of late, I have seen posts where people are saying that if you read Fifty Shades of Grey that you aren’t a “good Christian”. Well, all you self-proclaimed good Christians that refuse to read this trashy erotic novel, have you read The Hunger Games? It’s about children killing other children. How about Harry Potter? It’s about sorcery. And how many of you have watched True Blood? This past season not only did they have sex scenes, they actually did a full frontal of a man laying on a table that they drank from. Okay, how about another book (turned movie) that was popular.. The Da Vinci Code. It suggests that Jesus married and had children, which you will find nowhere in our Bible.


My point is, this book is fiction. It is purely for entertainment purposes. Honestly, I only got through the first one and I blushed like crazy. But I dislike the fact that people are judging others who may enjoy reading this. It states clearly in the Bible that you should not judge. Besides, many of these people who are doing the judging are nowhere near perfect themselves. If you are one that condemns others for reading Fifty Shades let me ask you a few questions… Where you a virgin until you were married? Have you ever said “oh my God”?  Have you ever told a lie?


I am not trying to say that I am a better Christian than anyone, because I know I have my faults. I know this blog has absolutely nothing to do with Wendy, but I just want to say I HAVE READ FIFTY SHADES OF GREY AND IT DOES NOT MAKE ME A BAD MOTHER, WIFE, OR PERSON IN GENERAL.


End of rant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment