Monday, September 17, 2012

The Magical Miracle Of Pregnancy

I just watched the movie, What To Expect When You’re Expecting. It’s an adorably cute movie about different couples experiences, surprises, and sometimes difficulties of having a baby. In the movie, one couple lost their baby. Another couple took two years to get pregnant. And one couple couldn’t get pregnant at all, and rather had to chose the option of adopting. Then, on the flip side, you see two couples get pregnant without even trying. One of the women had an extremely difficult pregnancy where she experienced every bad symptom of pregnancy that you could possibly imagine and another had the best pregnancy, even carrying twins. It just shows that every pregnancy is different and becoming a family happens in it’s own way. God definitely has plans for each of us and we all just need to realize that He knows what He’s doing, much more than we do.


For those of you that aren’t close to me, you don’t know that at first Zed and I tried for months to get pregnant and didn’t succeed. We wanted to get pregnant before his deployment, so the birth control stopped in December. He left in February. We obviously didn’t get pregnant. We also didn’t get pregnant during his leave in April. If I only knew then what I know now, there is no way we would have even considered having a baby while he was deployed. I had no idea of the hard and sick pregnancy that was in my future. We had no idea of the health issues our baby was going to have. But I’m sure God did. And I feel like that’s why I didn’t pregnant before. Amazingly, one month and four days after Zed got home from Afghanistan, we got a positive result on a pregnancy test, which means I conceived Wendy literally two weeks after he got home. If that’s not a sign, I don’t know what is.


From time to time I have to remind myself that my life isn’t in my own hands. I worry sometimes what our future will be, what other challenges we will face with Wendy. Then I think back to everything that has led up to us having her and I remember that my life is already pre-planned, I just have to follow course and handle things the best way I know how. And the best way for my little family to handle anything is with love; lots and lots of love. We shower Wendy with it. We remind ourselves that our love is what got us to Wendy. And we promise that our love will get us through any hardship.


The title of this blog is very fitting. It was a miracle that I had Wendy- after my body tried to rid itself of the fetus pretty much my entire pregnancy. It was magical seeing that tiny three pound baby for the first time. And thanks to God, my magical miracle pregnancy gave me the most magical, miraculous, absolutely perfect angel of a baby. It was all in God’s time. It was all in God’s plan. And I thank God every day for trusting me with the life of my precious Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment