Friday, November 30, 2012

Quick Update

I haven't been posting much lately. Honestly, when things are going okay, it makes for a pretty boring blog. For those of you that follow us on Facebook know that Wen has been sick with a cold/sinuses and she had a yeast infection around her stoma. The cold we are still fighting, doing saline irrigations, suctioning her nose as needed, and Vicks baby run as well as a vaporizer and lots of Pedialyte to hydrate. The yeast infection is pretty much gone, but it was difficult. Being under the colostomy bag, we couldn't use her normal Nystatin cream. Instead, I did a mild vinegar wash (apple cider vinegar and water) every few days and I used Desenex anti fungal powder. It looks like it may have spread to around her g tube, but that I can handle with Nystatin. Her anal dilations are still going okay. We are up to 9mm but I can tell its painful. It breaks my heart, but I have to be strong for her. We go back Wednesday to see her surgeon and hopefully schedule the next surgery. We would greatly appreciate continued prayers as we continue on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment