Monday, March 11, 2013

through the good times and the bad.

I’ve come to the realization lately that when things are going really well for Wendy, I don’t blog as much. Maybe it’s because I don’t think the posts will be as interesting or maybe subconsciously I’m trying to keep the good memories to myself or maybe I’m just so caught up in cherishing her accomplishments that I simply don’t take the time to share. Whatever the reason, I’m going to try to start writing more positive posts and sharing Wendy’s triumphs with you all.


Since Wendy’s surgery, she’s been doing really well. She seems to be recovering quickly and enjoying her time without a colostomy bag. She’s also crawling so much better! I told myself I was going to start taking her out more once she got rid of her bag because it would be easier and I’ve kept to that promise. Last week, I took her to Zed’s family’s quarry and left her with Janet (Zed’s aunt) and Suzanne (Zed’s cousin) while Zed and I went to lunch. Yes, Zed and I actually went to lunch, BY OURSELVES! Since Wendy’s been born, Zed and I haven’t done much together. We’re trying to change that. Also, I’ve taken her to visit her great-grandparents this past weekend and we went on a shopping trip to Walmart. I know that doesn’t sound like much, but I used to dread taking her to the grocery store because if her bag came off, we’d have to leave all of our un-bought food and take her to change her bag. A leaking bag is not like a dirty diaper. A leaking bag cannot wait.


Not much else has been going on with Wendy. She wasn’t acting like herself last night and she woke up with a fever of 101, but I’m hoping it breaks soon and isn’t a big deal.


I’ve been trying to post more videos of Wendy, so be sure to check out my YouTube channel.   http://www.youtube.com/user/jamiemclanahan?feature=mhee

No comments:

Post a Comment