Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Excelling.

I think everyone has something they're great at, a talent, per se. In high school, I was good at a lot of things. I was good at playing the flute. I was a good cheerleader. I was a good student. But I don't feel like I was ever great. When it comes to being a mom, I know I'm great. I see the proof every time I look at my little girl.

That may sound conceited to some people. But in all honesty, it's not. It's just something that I know I do well and I'm super proud of that fact. When Zed and I decided to have kids, I never thought I'd be an amazing mother. I knew I would love and care for my children, but never did I think it would be my true calling. I've found out recently that it is. I'm Wendy's lover and protector. I'm her voice and her reason. But most of all, I'm her mother. That's something that I will always be, no matter how old she gets or how capable she ends up being.

There are only two ways to live; you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle. -- Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment