Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wendy's surgery date is coming up fast. Too fast. It is in 5 short days. And honestly, every time I think about it, a huge lump forms and my throat and eyes fill with tears. Thursday will the be the third time Wendy has had surgery, the third time I've had to kiss my baby and walk out of the room, leaving her with a team of nurses and doctors, entrusting my most precious possession to their care. And let's be honest here, as a mother, no one is ever good enough to care for your child, except you. You would think it would get easier, but it doesn't. If anything, I believe it's gotten harder. I have become more attached to my child than I thought possible. I am positively dreading this surgery.

When I was in the hospital pregnant with Wendy and when Wendy was in the NICU, we received many cards and letters of encouragement. If you would like to send a Get Well or Thinking Of You card to Wendy, please do. Support and prayers do help our little family cope with these hard times. And I save all her cards in a box in her room so she can have them when she's older. That way she will know just how many people loved and cared about her!

If you'd like to send a card/letter/etc. you can send it to
1037 Bakers Ferry Rd.
Elberton, Ga 30635

No comments:

Post a Comment