Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Not The Easiest Of Days.

I am extremely exhausted due to Wendy’s later-than-usual bedtime yesterday. So I have been sleepy since I woke up this morning. On top of the sleepiness, Wendy has started vomiting again. I’m praying it’s from teething, upping her formula, a virus, or anything that would cause normal babies to vomit as long as it’s not an intestinal blockage! When I stopped her feed, she stopped vomiting, which makes me instantly think her intestines have twisted or she’s not tolerating the bigger volume of food, which was only increased by 5mLs. As she gets older and bigger, she needs more calories to thrive and grow. Our only solution is to increase the volume of food. She’s already on such a high caloric content, we can’t up it anymore because that can cause severe constipation. Constipation in a normal baby can be dealt with. Constipation in a baby with a colostomy can cause a hospital stay and possible surgery.  I’m just going to keep watching her and if she is vomiting up close to the same amount that is going in, we’ll be heading to the ER for an X-ray. Hopefully, it’s nothing and everything will be back to normal (or as normal as it ever was).


By the way, don’t forget to vote for Wendy for Fan Favorite. $1=1vote! To learn how to vote, go to this link…. Vote Wendy Fan Favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment