Monday, November 28, 2011

A Day of Rest, Because Lord Knows I Need It



I decided to take a day to myself to rest. Zed is going to stay with Wendy and talk to the doctors. I will be driving myself back down tomorrow. I am trying to actually rest while I am here. Of course, it's a bit difficult when I really want to scrub my house from top to bottom. I'm so glad momma, Grammy, and Sherry helped me clean the week after I had Wendy. Otherwise my house would be a real mess. As it is now, I still need to vacuum and dust, but that can wait until right before Wendy comes home- I want the house to be sparkling clean when my angel arrives home for the first time!

I have decorated a little for Christmas. Last year Grammy gave me several Charlie Brown Christmas decorations (a tree, some Snoopy Christmas dolls, snow globes, etc). So I put those up. And last night when I went to Walgreens to get my Zyrtec I saw some Christmas stockings. I realized Wendy did not have a stocking and they had Snoopy ones! There were only 2 different Snoopy ones, so Zed and I have matching ones and Wendy has her own unique one. I felt really bad about not getting Peanut and Pandora one, so I will have to find them ones later, probably just plain red ones. And since we are likely to be staying here for Christmas I am going to get a fake tree soon. One with colored lights! The colored lights will match the Peanuts decorations and I'm sure Wendy will love looking at the different colors!

I really hope Wendy gets well soon! I long for her to spend Christmas in our home.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say hello from right here in Oak Grove! Your story brought tears to my eyes, and made me feel so blessed to have children of my own. I hope Wendy continues to remain strong and can be home with you as soon as possible! Thinking of you and yours, especially this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your whole story and I'm praying that your little girl is just fine. Stay strong momma!! Prayers from Ft. Riley Kansas!!

    ReplyDelete