Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fussy Little Baby!

Today was the first day I have seen little Wendy be fussy and not content. Usually she just likes to look around and sleep. Today though, she would be fine one minute, screaming the next. I held her for two hours during her feeding trying to get her to go to sleep, but she wasn't having any part of that. I read her two books and rocked her. Finally, after my arm went to sleep, so did she. Zed went to see her not long after I left and he said she was crying and ill the whole time he was there too. Hopefully she will get some good rest tonight and have a better day tomorrow.

Wendy is growing now too! She's 4lbs 1oz, which is 2oz more than what she weighed when she was born. By the time we take her home she will probably be 5-6lbs. She is actually filling out her preemie size clothes nicely.

The nurses are still having problems with her colostomy bag. Zed said the doctors had mentioned her having surgery again because her stoma isn't high enough and that's why her bag constantly comes off. I hope that if they have to do that they can do it the same time they put in her g-tube that way she isn't put under anesthesia twice. I hate seeing her on a ventilator.

No comments:

Post a Comment