Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Home Before Christmas? I Doubt It.



So apparently they're not even going to attempt to feed Wendy through her G tube for at least 2 more weeks. They're going to put another feeding tube through her nose tomorrow. It will go past her stomach, into her intestines. It has to go past her stomach because if they put food into her stomach, it will leak out around her G tube. Having a G tube put in is supposed to be a simple procedure and you should be able to use it within a few days. Unfortunately Wendy's isn't healing as quickly as it should. I really hope it eventually heals and can be used. If not, they may have to go back in and try to fix it.

The doctor said we can try to have her home by Christmas. I doubt that will happen though. Nothing else has gone easy for us, so I doubt this will either.

The more I think about Wendy, the more upset I get. It's like theres a permanent lump in my throat now. And tears that are always threatening to fall. I can't stand the thought of her being stuck in that hospital baby bed for almost 8 weeks now. And when Zed and I are there visiting her, there's only so much we can do with her because she has so many monitors and iv's hooked up to her. It breaks my heart to leave her, but you can only sit there looking at her for so long. And since she is back in the NICU at the childrens hospital we can't stay overnight with her.

I am honestly so sick of Nashville! I wish I could go home every night and drive down in the mornings and spend the day with her, but I can't. It's too expensive. And I can't go home and stay for a few days because I miss her so much. So it's a catch 22. When I am home, I just love spending time in her room! It makes me happy.

I was really hoping Wendy would be home before Christmas. I am going to keep my tree up until that baby comes home, even if she's in there several more months

No comments:

Post a Comment