Saturday, May 26, 2012

Home For The Night.

I know I said I wouldn't be blogging again until at least Monday, but plans changed. I felt really bad about leaving Ares alone for 2 nights so I decided to come home and I brought Wendy with me. We'll be reuniting with daddy tomorrow whenever he wakes up. I don't usually feel too terrible when we are only gone for a night, but 2 nights and 3 days is too long for Ares to be alone. He's only 4 and half months old. And since Zed kept Wendy last night, I got her tonight :)


Some of Zed's friends were at the lake so I figured he may just want to hang out tonight. Or maybe he wants to sleep to catch up on the sleep he missed last night. I thought he may want to spend some time with his family as well. Whatever the case be, I didn't mind coming home alone and bringing our sweet girl.


Wendy has stayed at the lake before, but today was her first day on the lake. She rode on a boat, put her toes in the water, and wore an adorable floppy hat and her yellow polka dot bikini. She was held and spoiled by her grandpa Rod and Kelly, her aunts- Janet, Suzanne, and Jessie, and tons of other people who are spending Memorial day weekend at the lake. Wendy really surprised me by how well she handled being outside, riding on a boat, and even touching the water. Of course, we were only out there for about 20-30 minutes. I still lathered her up with baby sunscreen. After a bit, she got sleepy so we took her back to the cabin for a nap and Suzanne watched her while Zed and I went back out for a while. Leave it to me to get sunburned on my shoulders. I guess I get so preoccupied with Wendy and making sure she is taken care of that I forget about myself. That's okay though, as long as she's healthy and happy, I'm happy.


I suppose I should get some sleep while Wendy is asleep. The sun always drains me and we still have 2 more days at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment