Friday, May 25, 2012

Time To Relax?

Tonight is the first night I am spending without Wendy since December 18, the day we brought her home from the hospital. Zed took her to the lake so I could relax tonight, go get my nails done in the morning, and then join them around lunch tomorrow. I am kind of freaking out. Zed was right. I do need a night to rest because I have been going constantly, and he is more than capable of taking care of our baby. But at the same time I would rather have Wendy than rest. That's the love of a mother. I told my mom and Grammy that I was staying alone tonight and they both wondered if I was scared in this big house all alone. I said no. For one, I sleep with a Walther PK 380 by my head and two, I have a 4 month old shadow that's about 50lbs and very protective. Ares doesn't like anyone coming near me or Wendy so he's a good body guard. I just don't know how I will do without my baby here because we haven't been apart for more than a few hours since she came home. We'll be reunited in less than 18 hours but for some reason I feel like a bad mom for letting her go- even though she's with her own daddy. So far I have taken a nice bubble bath in the big claw foot tub and made me a cup of hot cocoa with our Keurig. Now I'm laying in our big king size bed with Ares and Pandora. And for those of you wondering about Wendy, I took her to thr doctor today and she has a cold. We just have to keep her nose suctioned and if she acts like she's not feeling well we can give her Advil or Tylenol. So far she's been acting normal other than the runny nose and cough. I probably won't be posting again until at least Monday- we will be at the lake until then.

Everyone have a safe Memorial weekend! Amd remember what this holiday is all about. It's not just about barbecues, beer, and spending time at the beach or lake. It's about honoring those who have honored us by serving our country. God bless our troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment