Sunday, October 9, 2011

The World Welcomes Wendy


At 3:01pm on October 8, 2011 Wendy made her way into the world. After having contractions for 40 hours the doctor finally allowed the nurse to check my cervix. I was dilated 5cm and was immediately taken to labor & delivery. Within 30 minutes I had my epidural and was dilated 7-8cm. Not longer after that I was fully dilated and ready to start pushing. I pushed through one contraction with the nurse and then they brought the doctor in. I pushed once with her as well and Wendy was here. They immediately noted she had a flat nose so they put a breathing tube in. Luckily she's breathing on her own and hasn't needed help. During evaluation they noted a few physical anomalies that need to be addressed. She was transferred to Vanderbilt's Children Hospital for evaluation today and.surgery as soon as tomorrow. Her daddy and I have decided not to discuss what surgery will be performed unless its with immediate family. Its personal and it was a decision we made with Wendy's best interest at heart. Our baby girl is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, and I may be biased, but I don't think there is another baby that holds a candle to her beauty. I absolutely adore her sweet chubby cheeks and head full of black hair. They even had a bow in her long hair in the nicu. We are hoping she just needs this one surgery and that she will be able to come home soon with us. Eveunn though I just gave birth less than 18 hours ago, I'm just waiting on the doctor to come by and discharge me. I hate not being able to see/hold my little girl whenever I want but it wont be long until we are reunited again.

No comments:

Post a Comment