Saturday, December 17, 2011

BIG Day For My Little Family

Tomorrow is my 22nd birthday. It should also be the day we take Wendy home! I say should because anything can happen between now and 2:00 tomorrow. But I am very hopeful this time.

We've been close to bringing her home before, but we actually have a discharge nurse and tons of paperwork this time! They wanted her stay until Monday because they're taking her off continuous feeds tonight and going back to feeding her every 3 hours. She has been having problems with spitting up on continuous feeds. The all night feeding was supposed to be so Zed and I could get some sleep, but I honestly got less sleep the past few nights with her spitting up constantly. I felt like I needed to lay awake and listen for her. So we said we would rather get up every 3 hours to start a new feed.

Wendy will be going home on several medications, so we went to the pharmacy and had those filled today. Her pump, monitor, g tube and ostomy supplies were delivered yesterday and Thursday. We are ready! I really can't put into words how I feel right now... Kind of nervous, a bit anxious, and very excited! I know we have a long road ahead of us, but this is a huge step in what I feel is the right direction!

Maybe I will have time to write more tomorrow, maybe not. But for not I'm going to try to get some sleep. We've been staying at the hospital with Wendy but the nurse practitioner said for us to go back to the RMH and get a good nights sleep before we take her home.

1 comment:

  1. praying for you and your little family. My twins are in the NICU and im just waiting to hear those words that we get to take them home. its only been a week for us, so i can imagine how its been for yall.

    ReplyDelete