Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Progress, Slowly Getting Better

Wendy is doing okay, not great, but okay. They went from 6 to 10 to 13 and now 17mL of breast milk every 3 hours. It's still less than half of what she was taking but we're getting there. Today she had problems spitting up. She spit up twice and had to be bathed and have her clothes and blankets changed. I told the nurse that she would probably do better on a pump, rather than a bolus feed because her tiny tummy doesn't tolerate a bunch of food at once. So she said she would mention that to the doctors. Maybe tomorrow she will be back on a pump like she was before and they can continue to increase her feeds.

She had a bit of a hard time getting rset today. If you're my friend on Facebook you probably saw me complain about Wendy not having a private room. She's in a twin room. The poor baby in the room with her is obviously in pain. She has a sign up that says "be gentle with me, I have two broken clavicles and a broken femur". I heard the nurse say they're giving her Tylenol for the pain. I feel bad for the family because they can't hold her. She was born on December 2 and is almost a 10lb baby, which is huge for a kid in the nicu! And she honestly has more hair then Wendy! A lot of people probably thought I was being rude when I complained earlier but I truly did not mean anything negative toward the baby or her family, because honestly I think she and her family need their privacy as much as I want it with Wendy. I'm really hoping a single room frees up soon so one of us can be moved. Or even better, I wish they could get us home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment