Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Normal, Who Needs It?


Yesterday we were given a lot of information about Wendy's very special genetic makeup. I had had little time to process it when I posted my last blog. I pretty much stated the facts, but did not much else.

Today, I've thought about it. I've talked to my mom about it (and bless it, I think she's more upset than me). I've even e-mailed Janet about it, and I must say, Janet has been one of the biggest blessings since Wendy was born. I know I can always talk to her or ask advice.

But honestly, even after letting it all sink in, I feel no different than I did the day before yesterday. The views on my daughter have not changed. I still love her just as much. I still think she is the most beautiful baby in the world. And I still feel like she is going to be one extraordinary little person. I don't care if she is 4 feet tall and has severe mental delays (which no one even knows how she will turn out), that is still my little girl.

The only conclusion that I have come to, is who the hell wants to be normal anyway? Normal is boring. And so in my opinion, you should be jealous of my extra special little sweetie. She's beautiful, she's tough, and she is one-of-a-kind. This child is absolutely perfect, at least for me and Zed.

1 comment:

  1. She looks like one of those one of a kind, $500 baby doll... She's beautiful... and amazing.

    ReplyDelete