Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Trip To The ER Planned For Tomorrow AM


Yes, I said it. I am planning a trip to the ER at the Children's Hospital. Zed and I are almost 100% positive our baby girl is having seizures. Infantile spasms, to be precise. When she was in the NICU one of her doctors mentioned seizures because Wendy shook her fist rhythmically. An hour long EEG was done and came back fine. However, when we brought her home, she started having these episodes where her muscles tightened, she makes a face, and holds her breath. At first, she only did it when Zed would blow in her face and we thought she was just angry. Last week, she started doing it randomly. This past weekend, she was having 10-20 episodes a day. So when we got home from our trip to Georgia, I started googling (terrible thing, because it's usually bad). But after reading the symptoms I began thinking it really could be seizures. Zed kept telling me he was positive that's what it was. So I got on YouTube and searched. I found several videos of babies having Infantile Spasms and that is exactly what Wendy looks like, except her muscles spasms are worse and her face turns blood red. I had called her pediatrician on the way home today and made an appointment for Thursday (that was the soonest she could be seen) but I decided we are going to take her to the ER and not leave until a neurologist sees her. We are moving in 2 and half weeks and I do not have time to wait for Tricare to get a referral through.

After seeing these videos and realizing that Wendy is most likely having a seizures, I just sat in the bed and cried. I don't understand why my sweet girl is suffering so much. She is so innocent and does not deserve to be in pain. Zed finally told me everything was going to be fine and for me to take Wendy and snuggle with her. So that's what I did. No matter what, I will continue fighting for Wendy. I will do everything I can to make her healthy and give her the best life possible. You never know how much it hurts to see your child sick and not be able to fix it, until it happens to you. I'm thankful that Wendy is so strong and is still here, fighting against so many odds. That baby girl is my hero.

The March of Dimes walk is in 12 days! I have raised $400 for this wonderful cause. If anyone wants to donate in honor of Wendy please go to my website! (Sorry, you'll have to copy and paste it in your browser because I cannot figure how to link a website to my blog!)

http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?pp=4226726&ct=4&w=5378644&u=jamiemclanahan

1 comment:

  1. I'm telling you, your daughter is one BEE-U-TEE-FUL little girl. So adorable!!!
    I think you should write a book. Wendy has such a beautiful story to tell. She has such spirit, such charm, such a beautiful soul. Thank you for sharing her story.

    ReplyDelete