Thursday, March 8, 2012

Believe in Something

Wow. I am amazed by the response to my last post! I have reached my goal for March of Dimes, so I just want to say a special thank you to everyone who donated and to those of you who want to donate, please do! Just because I have reached my goal doesn't mean the cause doesn't need as much money as possible. At the end of this post I will try to add a link where you can donate if you want.

As I was lying on the couch tonight I got to thinking about the causes I support and I realized that until it happened to me, it was something I didn't really think about. I believe everyone is like that. Until you experience something firsthand, it's hard to grasp what someone else is going through.

Until Zed joined the Army, I had no idea the hell and torture these men and women endure, for us. I have now seen how much work and training is done before a deployment. I've seen how hard it is to go for a year without seeing a loved one. I've also seen the devastating effects that war can have on a soldier. And unfortunately, I've seen a soldier deploy with my husband and not come home.

The same is true with having a sick baby, having a family member or friend with cancer, losing a home, being bullied, etc. There are so many charities for many different causes and for most people, you can't imagine what the people you are helping have endured, unless you have been through something similar. But just because you can't completely understand, doesn't mean you can't help. So find a cause. Be informed. And be supportive. Believe in something.


Copy and Paste this in your URL if you would like to donate to March of Dimes.


http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?si=52D6E744-E506-465A-ADC8-DCECCC8402A5

No comments:

Post a Comment