Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bragging on My Perfect Girl!


Every time I look at Wendy I want to cry. She is the most amazing little creature I could possibly envision. I am so proud of everything she has accomplished and the fact that she is alive. When I was pregnant, I had never been so scared of anything as I was of losing my little girl. She was already the most precious thing in the world to me and she wasn't even born. And the fact that she is almost 5 months old, smiling, sitting up almost on her own, trying to stand, and weighing 8 lbs is nothing short of miraculous. Miraculous, that's the perfect word to describe her. She's a tiny little miracle. Wendy brings so much joy and happiness to my life. I can't imagine what I would do without her. Her genetics pretty much baffle doctors, and even though they can't tell us what to expect, I just know she is going to be okay. I am terrified for her to have another surgery. I'm scared she'll end up stuck in the hospital for weeks, I'm scared she won't heal properly, and I'm scared of having to leave her overnight by herself. But I know that my baby is a fighter. And I know she can pull through. She will get through these next 2 surgeries and it may not be without complications, but eventually we will be able to put it behind us. The same way we put her stay in the NICU behind us. Wendy may only be 21 weeks old and 8 lbs but I still say she is the strongest and bravest person I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment