Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Year Doesn't Seem So Long Ago



Last St. Patrick's Day Zed and I were in Savannah. We had planned on partying it up since he had just returned from Afghanistan. Our plans changed though. The week before we went I found out I was pregnant. Zed could have still drank all the green beer he wanted, but he didn't. It was crowded and not as much fun as I thought it would be, but still something I had always wanted to experience. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been so worried. I think I had my hands constantly wrapped around my belly because I was afraid someone was going to bump into me. Sounds crazy, I know. But I loved Wendy so much already and I wanted to protect her every way I could. This time last year I had just found out I was expecting and now I have an almost 6 month old. Doesn't add up. She should only be 3 and half months old!

This year for St. Patty's Day we spent time together as a family, along with the Harper's and the Wahl's. We went to a place about an hour from here where Zed goes to shoot guns and there's a pond. We took food and blankets and had sort of a picnic while the guys tried to fish. However, they didn't catch anything (I told them they would't!) because they were using these ridiculous bright colored, fake worms. Who fishes in a pond with plastic worm lures? Apparently, Zed. I love him though. But maybe next time he'll get some live bait and actually catch a fish.

Today was kind of rough. I lost my temper a few times. (To get to the pond, we had to walk, through mud and 6 inch puddles, all while carrying a baby with a feeding pump and diaper bag, trying not to slip and fall.) But I still love my husband. And it was the thought of him wanting to spend time together as a family that counts. However, next time, we will take my suggestion and take Winnie to the zoo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment