Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mrs. McLanahan, I Hope The Kids Can Pronounce It

So, it's official. I have started classes working towards a bachelor's in early childhood education. I made a 100 on my first writing assignment, a 3 page essay on why college is important to me. It's amazing how excited I am about this. Who would've thought that I would eventually want to teach small children. Definitely not me. At least not until I had Wendy.

Wendy has changed so much in my life and I honestly have no idea what I did to deserve such a beautiful and special child. She is absolutely perfect in every way imaginable and as hard as it to admit it, she's growing up. She's learning to eat food. We tried pears today instead of applesauce, but it kind of tasted the same to me. Yes, sometimes I sample her baby food. We also played in her Baby Einstein jumper. But mostly, I wore her around the house in her new Maya Wrap Ring Sling (aka, the best invention ever). That sling is a life (and arm) saver. I actually got stuff done today.

Pretty much, my point of this post is to say how happy I am with my life. I am loving it. I am so happy with my decision to get a college degree. And this career will suit Wendy and work around her schedule seeing as I don't plan to start work until she starts school. Being a mom is the most important thing in the world to me, but that doesn't mean I can't have other dreams as well. I'm just now figuring out that I can be a wife, a mother, and a working woman. I think my life is finally on track. I just hope the kids can pronounce my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment