Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Big Decision


I have made a huge decision. One that will not only effect me, but my family as well. I have decided to start college when I move back to Georgia. I plan on pursuing a degree in nursing. I am smart and I know I can do it. I had a 4.0 GPA the entire time I was in high school. I know it will be difficult having Wendy, but I will have plenty of family and support around me. (Besides, do you know how many people are just dying to babysit Wendy? Haha.) I have contacted several schools and I am seeing which of them can offer more online classes. I am going to take my SATs again June 2 and then apply for fall semester.

I am nervous as all get out. But now is the time to do something for me. I have sacrificed a lot for my family, moving for Zed and the Army, staying home and taking care of Wendy (which I love), but I know that once Wendy starts school, I am going to need a career, probably just something part-time, maybe only on the weekends.

I also want to know that if, God forbid, something ever happened to Zed, that I could take care of Wendy. I can give her all the love in the world, but I want to be able to financially take care of her.

It's exciting and scary all at the same time. But I think I'm ready.

ON a note about Wendy, we went to the doctor today to get some referrals. She's 9 freaking pounds! Yep, my teeny baby is almost in double digits. We got referrals for an audiology follow up, a neurodevelopmental follow up, and another feeding study. I also bought her first can of baby food because she is 4 months adjusted today! So maybe I'll try it tomorrow! And I bought Wendy a Baby Einstein musical motion activity jumper. I got that one because it is able to be adjusted height wise and grow with your baby, so I figured it would be able to be lowered enough for Wendy. Nope, her feet are still a good 6 inches from the floor. but she seems to enjoy sitting in it. She'll grow into it before long I'm sure.

I really spoil my baby. It's a habit I need to break, whether it be me holding her ALL THE TIME or spending all my extra money on her. I just can't help it, she's just so darn cute and sweet and perfect! This mommy is falling more and more in love every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment